Lavannah's Biscuits (2 dozen)
- 120g butter
- 50g sugar (brown)
- 135g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- Nestle's dark chocolate melts (or pounds)
- Cream butter, sugar, golden syrup. Add flour and baking powder.
- Take 1½ tsp, roll into a ball, flatten on tray with finger or spatula, push a chocolate round into each and press flat.
- Place on baking paper and bake at about 145°C for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Ginger and Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Use same recipe for dough as for Lavannah's biscuits. No chocolate buttons. Take 15-20 medium size ginger cubes and cut into small pieces. Add these to dough + ⅓ cup chocolate chips. Mix both well into the dough, then proceed to cook as for Lavannah's biscuits.
- 225g butter (softened - melted)
- 150g sugar (regular sugar, and a little castor sugar)
- 2½ cupts flour + 3-4 tbsp corn flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Add flour to (warm) mix. Knead dough well.
- On a board, roll dough into sausage shape about 4cm diameter. Cut into pieces about 1.2cm thick.
- Bake in moderate oven about 140°C for about 15 minutes or until undersides are light fawn.
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 tsp allspice
- 75g cold cubed butter
- 4-5 Granny Smith apples
- 15-20 dates cut up into quaters
- Blend first 5 ingredients in food processor bowl until butter is evenly mixed.
- Peel apples (or wash well) and finely chop.
- Mix ¼ of the crumble mixture with the apple.
- Spread into baking dish, add cut up dates and mix well.
- Top this with remaining mixture and bake at about 150°C for about 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve hot with custard, ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 tin Carnation evaporated milk (I use light milk)
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- Mix together, spread on bread. Cut off crusts and roll (like asparagus rolls).
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups (200g) flour
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in a good full table spoon of golden syrup. Soften then remove from heat.
- Add sugar and egg, whipped up together. Beat with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Add dry ingredients - be sure baking soda is well distributed in flour. Stir all to mix.
- Spoon warm mixture onto trays in a ball shape and flatten with cheese slicer or equivalent.
- Place in oven at under 150°C for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Store in airtight container.